When one of you has sustained a brain injury, nothing feels the same as it was before. The physical, cognitive and emotional effects felt by the injured partner can be devastating-yet the “healthy” partner faces tremendous grief and confusion too. Relationships can suffer under the weight of these extreme pressures.
You have already lost a lot…..you do not need to lose each other.
I have created a special practice focused on the unique needs of couples striving to overcome brain injuries. I am ready to share the healing techniques I have developed in working with hundreds of brain-injured clients and their partners for over 35 years.
As a long time, health care practitioner, I bring a unique blend of skills to the challenge of helping you recover from your injuries. I am a trained Speech Pathologist with a thorough understanding of brain functioning, as well as a former clinical director of brain injury centers in California and Utah. As an expert witness, I have helped courts and juries understand the difficulties that brain-injured clients face. I have provided effective psychotherapy for hundreds of clients dealing with brain injuries—I am ready to put my expertise to work for you.
Contact me today if…
- You or your partner have suffered a brain injury
- The injured person has difficulty with attention, concentration and memory
- You have constant headaches, migraines, or fatigue
- Others say, “What’s taking so long? You look good so you must be feeling better.”
- Friends don’t understand why you can’t make plans, or need to leave early
- You can’t depend on your brain injured spouse, or they have trouble following through
- You feel like your partner isn’t the same person anymore
- You’re grieving the life you lived pre-injury
- Everything looks perfect on the outside, but you’re struggling on the inside
- You’re ready to get in touch with what you want out of life
If you are in the Seattle/Eastside area, you may choose to meet with me in my office. If you are outside the region, we can arrange a convenient time to meet via video conference or phone. I also offer web-based workshops for couples who are working toward a “new normal” together.
Learn more about the services I provide for individuals and couples facing brain injuries by contacting me.